Weekend Top 10: 9.30-10.2
1. Lord Stirling 1770s Festival, Environmental Education Center
2. Fall Festival - Opening Weekend, Snyder's Farm
3. "The Impact of Golf on American Culture" (USGA Museum), Raritan Valley Country Club
4. Around the World Wine Tasting, The Bernards Inn
5. Barefoot in the Park, Villagers Theatre
6. An Evening with Gilberto Santa Rosa, State Theatre New Jersey
7. George Washington's Indispensable Men, Rockingham Historic Site
8. Hands-On Ecological Restoration, Duke Farms
9. Botanicals: The Art of Carrie Di Costanzo Exhibit, The Center for Contemporary Art
10. Natural Beauty – Captured with Photography Exhibit, Environmental Education Center
This week we also recommend a special presentation by USGA Museum Director Mike Trostel on Friday, September 30: “Golf’s Connections to American Culture”, to be held at Raritan Valley Country Club.
Plans For New Veterans Park
Somerset County Freeholder Director Patricia Walsh was joined by state, county and local officials in announcing a special project that will honor WWII hero John Basilone.
“I am happy to announce today, on the eve on the 35th annual John Basilone Memorial Parade Weekend, that the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders, the Borough of Raritan, the county Engineering Division and the county Park Commission have been working together to enhance the area adjacent to the John Basilone Memorial,” Freeholder Director Walsh said, noting that the county had renamed the nearby Lyman Street Bridge in memory of John Basilone in 2005.
Somerset County Park Foundation Tasting
Enjoy an evening of chocolate, wine & whiskey.
Vandermark Merritt Glass Studios Exhibit
End of an era. Open Wednesday - Saturday 10am-4pm.
Pumpkin picking, hay rides and fall fun for everyone!
Family Nature Walks
Explore nature at its finest.
From Farm to Fork
Experience a delicious evening of farm-to-table fare!
Local produce and products offered every Thursday!
A night-time walk to discover some "spooky" wildlife and critters.
Nature Infused Yoga
Relax, rebalance and connect with nature.