Weekend Top 10: 2.16-2.19
1. Veteran Focused Program: More Than A Game, USGA Museum
2. Middlebrook Bus Tour, Somerset County
3. Woodworking Show, Garden State Exhibit Center
4. Black History Celebration & Art Show, Verve Bistro & Bar
5. Fireside Chat: 250 Years in Somerset, Wyckoff-Garretson House
6. Masters of Illusion, State Theatre New Jersey
7. Belize Travelogue, Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary
8. The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, The Theatre at RVCC
9. SETI: The Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence, RVCC Planetarium
10. Maple Sugaring, EEC
Get the list in your inbox every week! Click here to join our mailing list.
Somerset County Named One of the Best Places to Live in America
Three counties in NJ make best places to live in America and Somerset County is one of them! The data compiler 24/7 Wall Street developed a list of the 25 best counties in which to live, based on an index based on three social measures — educational attainment, poverty rate and life expectancy. 24/7 then ranked counties based on their well-being, and Somerset County came in at number #16! According to their study, Somerset County has 52.5% of adults having at least a bachelor’s degree, one of the highest shares of any county and well above the nationwide share of 29.8% of adults. Residents with a college education are more likely to be employed in high-paying industries. The typical household in Somerset earns an annual income of $100,667, 10th highest among all U.S. counties. Higher education and incomes are tied to better health outcomes, which may help explain Somerset’s 82.4 year life expectancy, more than three years longer than the national life expectancy at birth.
Looking for something to do on Presidents Day? Look no further, State Theatre New Jersey has all you're looking for and more!
For the Love of Art
Come celebrate the '16th Anniversary Celebration: For the Love of Art' at Studio 7 Fine Art Gallery. Artwork includes paintings, sculptures, art glass and jewelry.
Sugar Maple Celebration
Tap a tree and enjoy the maple sugaring process with Duke Farms Executive Director Michael Catania.
Come watch as Executive Chef, Corey W. Heyer from the Bernards Inn competes against Chef De Cuisine, Anthony Capella from the Ryland Inn.
2017 NJ Travel Guide
Your ticket to accommodations, attractions, beaches, history, outdoors, shopping and more!
U.S. Women's Open
The U.S. Women’s Open annually draws an international list of top-ranked professional and amateur players.