What better way to celebrate America than fireworks, family fun, food and patriotic tributes? In Somerset County there are great events happening throughout the Fourth of July weekend that you don’t want to miss:
· Start your holiday weekend off at Montgomery High School for their Independence Day Celebration & Fireworks Spectacular on June 30th.
· On Friday, July 1st, get into the family fun spirit with a stroll down Main Street in Downtown Somerville for their Cruise Nights.
· Join the Vanderveer House as they celebrate our nation’s independence with a patriotic tribute, music, and family picnic on Sunday, July 3rd. Also, don’t miss to stroll through the Field of Honor® where over two hundred American flags will be displayed.
· Join the Washington Campground Association at Camp Middlebrook on July 4th for Fourth of July Patriotic Exercises. Spend the morning listening to patriotic music, watch the changing of the flag, listen to the reading of the Declaration of Independence and more!
· Round out your holiday weekend with the Independence Day Family Festival on July 4th at North Branch Park. Food will be available for purchase, and a Revolutionary War encampment will re-create life during the 1770’s. Fireworks will begin at 9:30pm.
Make this year’s Independence Day one for the books!