Father’s Day is this weekend! Do you have any special Father’s Day traditions? A family outing, a special dinner for dad or a quiet stroll in the park? If you’re looking for things to do on Father’s Day in Somerset County, New Jersey, look no further. Here are some exciting events to treat dad to:
- Starting Thursday, June 16th take dad to the Farmers’ Market hosted by Wagner Farm Arboretum. Pick up some fresh, locally grown produce, some award winning rubs and sauces for a BBQ or some wine.
- Let dad check out all the Mustangs, Corvettes, Buicks and more while taking a stroll down Main Street in Downtown Somerville for Friday Cruise Nights.
- What dad doesn’t like brunch? Treat dad to the Grain House Father’s Day Sunday Brunch, which is sure to please with a menu designed especially by Executive Chef, Luca Carvello. Don’t forget to get a signed copy of John Holl’s book “Dishing Up New Jersey” while you’re there.
- Feeling adventurous? Take dad on a Father’s Day Horseback Ride on Lord Stirling Stable’s trails.
- Rock out to some great music at Rockfest at Brook Arts Center in Bound Brook.
- Take in a game at TD Ballpark for the Somerset Patriots Father’s Day Celebration game on Sunday, June 16th. Have a catch with dad on the field starting at 11am, attend the pre-game Autograph Session at 12pm, and then have a seat and enjoy the 1:05pm first pitch. Make sure dad is there early to receive his #1 Dad Patriots T-Shirt!
- Have a laugh with dad at "The ComedyVille Summer Street Jam," a one of a kind street show where the area's best comics perform on Downtown Somerville's outdoor Summer Stage.
- Treat dad to a Father's Day Brunch Buffet or Dinner at the renowned Bernards Inn. The menu is sure to please!
- Somerset County is known for remarkable diversity of birdlife. Take dad to one or more of Somerset County’s great parks to explore the birding. Don’t forget the binoculars!
- Hit the trails with dad at Duke Farms! Bike or hike new trails through a variety of habitats, attend a nature or horticulture program, take an organic gardening class, go on a geocaching adventure or bring the children for a Family Wonder Walk. The sky’s the limit at Duke Farms.
- Let dad TEE off at Neshanic Valley Golf Course. Dad can choose from three championship nine-hole courses – Meadow, Lake, and Ridge or have him head over to the double-ended driving range to practice his swing.
Go the extra mile and make it a getaway weekend for dad. Somerset County offers a variety of lodging options for a night or extended stay. With over 4,500 rooms across the county, visitors have a wide choice of business friendly and family oriented facilities. With all these options Somerset County has to offer, it’s sure to be a fun-filled weekend for dad!